This 100% solids epoxy has very low viscosity and is ideal for any metallic system when a smooth and self-leveling finish is desired.
Maximum work time and pot life make this material ideal for creating a wide range of effects with metallic powders or when using as a basecoat in a broadcast system.
100% solids low viscosity epoxy
E 1000 100% solids low viscosity epoxy is designed to be used as a basecoat mixed with metallic pigments or as a thin mil solid color floor.
This material has extreme self-leveling capabilities and provides a smooth and opaque finish.
E 1000 offers maximum work time and potlife to make this material ideal for creating a wide range of effects with metallic powders.
SC 75 is an optional primer when applying a metallic system. SC 150 or WB 350 are the recommended topcoat over E 1000. Anti skid additives can be added to the topcoat for traction.
Benefits and Features
- Foot traffic in 8-10 hours, 24 hour recoat window
- Easy to mix two A to one B ratio
- Ultra smooth and glossy finish when fully cured
- Excellent chemical and abrasion resistance
- Extreme adhesion to substrate
- Low temperature cure
- Zero VOC’s
- Ultra low viscosity improves leveling and effects
New concrete must have a 28 day cure and CSP 2-3, prior to coating. In the case of older concrete flooring, remove all surface oils, paint, dust and debris.
Uses and Applications
- Garages floors
- Entry ways
- Hair Salons
- Car dealerships
Product Physical Properties
- Tensile Strength ASTM D412 3,750
- Compressive Strength ASTM D695 13,000 psi
- Impact Resistance ASTM D2794 215 lbs.
- Flexibility (1/8 Mandrel) ASTM D 2794 Pass
- Fluxural Strength ASTM D790 12,500 PSI
- Tabor Abrasion Mg Loss ASTM D4060 28
Recommended Coverage Rates
Coverage rates based on 1600 square feet per gallon at 1 mil in thickness.
Coverage rate will vary depending on application and substrate condition. Shot blasted floors will require more product than ground floors.
1/8” notched squeegee and backrolled with 3/8” nap roller
-140-160 sq ft/ gal 10 Mils DFT
1/4” notched squeegee and backrolled with 3/8” nap roller
-100-125 sq ft/ gal 12 Mils DFT
Mixing Ratio of 2 Parts A : 1 Part B
- Always pre mix each side before use, standard mix is 2 gallons of part A and 1 gallon part B.
- Mix with low speed drill for 3 minutes.
- Pour entire batch of material on floor to keep product from cooking in bucket.
- Mix smaller batches for cutting edges or smaller projects.
- Spread with squeegee or roller to desired thickness. Read tech data sheet on metallic powders for quantity and mixing application.
Product Cure Times
Tack Free Time @ 70 Degrees: 6-8 Hours
Hard Dry: 8-10 Hours
Foot Traffic: 8-10 Hours
Re Coat: 24 Hours
ASTMD 4541 Elcometer
Concrete Substrate Failure 450 PSI
Steel Delamination 600 PSI
Wood Substrate Failure 500 PSI
Available in 3 and 15 gallon kit. Available in 6 standard colors and clear. Product is pretinted for easy application and color uniformity.
PB 200 can be reduced with Xylene at no more than 15% of total mixed volume.
All containers should be stored at 40° F to 95° F and be kept tightly sealed and out of direct sunlight.
Shelf life of unopened containers is 12 months.
Chemical Resistant Chart
Acetic Acid 10% R Muriatic Acid 10% R
Acetone C NaCl/H2O 10% R
Benzene C Nitric Acid 20% NR
Brine saturated H2O R Phosphoric Acid 10 R
Chlorinated H2O R Phosphoric Acid 50 NR
Clorox(10%) H2O R Potassium Hydroxide 10% R
Diesel fuel C Potassium Hydroxide 20% R, Dis
Gasoline RC Skydrol RC
Hydrochloric Acid 20% R Sodium Hydroxide 25% R
Hydrofluoric Acid 10% NR Sodium Hypchlorite 10% R
Hydraulic fluid (oil) RC Sodium Bicarbonate R
Isopropyl Alcohol R Sulfuric Acid 10% R
Lactic Acid R Sulfuric Acid >50% RC
MEK NR Toluene C
Methanol R 1, 1,1-Trichlorethane R
Mineral Spirits RC Trisodium Phosphate R
Motor Oil R Vinegar/H2O 5% R
MTBE C Xylene RC
Chemical Resistance: Chart Key
R=recommended/little or no visible damage
RC=recommended conditional/some effect, swelling or discoloration
C=Conditional/Cracking-wash within one hour of spillage to avoid affects
All tools should be cleaned with MEK or Acetone as soon
as possible after application.